27.10.14

Semper Gratis

I'm thankful.

And I know I'll never deserve any of it.

Not the patient sighs, the hands that reach in love.

I can taste it. How sweet this is, how rare. How much I shouldn't have this, but I do.

Sometimes, I can't reach back. My words don't work, my pride binds me.

I'll never deserve this. These quiet moments I can hear you waiting. Your grim-set mouth hates what I've done, but your eyes don't complain.
Sometimes we need a heart beat to trod through nightmares with us.
And your heart pounds steady. Your blood runs faithful.
I know what you see. So many tears cast on barren ground, until they run together in an ugly labyrinth of muddy disappointment.

But you're a farmer. So you hunker down with promises clenched tightly in your heart, and wait for the harvest.

And I'm thankful.



"Those who sow in tears will reap with shouts of joy!"  -- psalm 126:5




No comments:

Post a Comment